Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fabric Dilema

Over the weekend, I went around looking at fabric...for cushion covers and curtains.  I want something retro looking in red, pale yellow and black.  Looks like I'm going to have change my "retro" idea as I can't find any material that's even close to what I want.

I haven't gone to any stores yet to look at pre-made curtains/valances, but I think that may be the way we'll have to go.

As far as replacing the cushions...I found large rectangular foam pieces at JoAnn Fabrics, but read somewhere about using futon cushions.  Any thoughts or ideas out there on this?

2 comments:

  1. How artistic are you? I'm thinking if you want retro, perhaps you can create your own with fabric paint. I read about someone painting a chair in another blog, and have begun looking at my big heavy (and insulating) curtains speculatively. I'm also getting a chair from the church this weekend to experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had more confidence, I'd give it a try, but.... I may look at sheets. I may have a better chance at finding a pattern I like on a sheet. I DO have the confidence to sew some curtains!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!