Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birch is Beautiful!

I feel like Lucy is my "baby"... I had an instant pull towards her the moment I laid eyes on her warm birch interior.  Reminds me so much of our place in Lake Placid (a 1950's Hicks with addition built on).  What's nice, but also kind of kills the whole retro feel is the fairly new countertop.  It's nice to be sure, but it's granite.  I'm hoping that I can still manage to play up a retro look despite that one glaring piece.

Her birch walls have very little damage.  We will probably give them a light sanding and a fresh coat of urethane to protect them and bring out their glow again.  I love the fact that, like the Hicks, her wood is solid wood - no particle board like in the Shasta.  No paneling.  Just beautiful, warm and cozy birch.  I can imagine camping in her when it's cold outside...

I just don't have any good interior shots of her yet.  Maybe I can persuade Buddy to take a few for me so I can post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!