Tuesday, April 28, 2015

We're Busy!

So we finally were able to resume working on Lucy.  Last weekend, we replaced one window screen and made repairs to the mechanics of the same window.  Took some time, but we got it done.  Only 6 more to do!

The pale yellow is our choice
 We also picked out the color we want to paint her.  It's called "Sweet Melissa" and I think it will look lovely on Sweet Lucy :)  BUT, we still have a long way to go before we can even begin to start painting her.

Shiny!
 I found the miracle to help get all the trim sparklingly awesome - my Dremel!!!  Why did I never thing of using it before?

Aidan helping replace screws
Even got the kiddo to help out a bit!

4 comments:

  1. Saw the steelers pillows and thought you might be in WPA. I am in the McKeesport area and I too have a Avalon! Towed her home from Ohio about a year ago, she was completely stripped to the studs so we made it to fit my needs. Love her. She is a 1967 Avalon. Nice to see photos of the inside of yours. I believe mine is a little bit shorter, no upper bunk. I'm still working on her.....trim and all the little things but she is campable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lori! Have no idea why I didn't see your comment sooner. Sorry... YES, we are in Bethel Park! Do you have a blog for your camper? Or pics on Flickr? Send me an email: swampangel65@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just given an old school camper very similar to this how can I figure out what it actually is. It will be delivered next Sunday and I am excited as all get out to start rehabbing it. Any suggestions? I have pics but that's it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Elwood! Look for anything on the outside that says where it was made, and send me some pictures! I can tell right away if yours is an Avalon :)

    My direct email is gladeslvr@yahoo.com. ~Chris

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!